This policy outlines the way we at Simply Homeschool (ABN 62507900225) collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT IT?
1. What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect is generally limited to:
- your name and contact details;
- billing information, health information;
- homeschooling background;
- children’s ages and learning/health needs;
- parent needs/concerns regarding homeschooling; and
- Any communications we have.
However, we may also collect:
- sensitive information from you with your consent, such as information about your child/children for the purpose of assisting you to set up your Family Learning Plan;
- detailed information about your child/children for the purpose of writing the Homeschool Registration Documents on your behalf; and
- information about how you use our website, via third parties.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
The main way we collect information is:
- when you give it to us, for example, via our website sign up or other forms, via phone, email, when you register for events, submit content, comments or feedback or via social media.
However, we may also collect personal information:
- from third parties, such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
We need your personal information to:
- communicate with you in relation to your enquiry;
- conduct our business, and enable your use of our website, products and services; and in some cases to
- comply with our legal obligations, such as record keeping.
We also collect personal information to analyse and enhance our business operations and improve your experience with our business. This is used as statistical information to analyse traffic to our website, and to customise content and advertising we provide. You can opt out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out. To opt out you can go here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/ or here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION & HOW YOU CAN ACCESS IT?
4. When do we disclose your personal information?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, including against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification. We generally will not disclose your personal information unless:
- you consent;
- it is required or authorised by law; or
- it is reasonably necessary for one of the purposes for which we collect it.
We will only disclose your sensitive information for the purpose for which you gave it to us or for directly related purposes that you would reasonably expect or if you otherwise agree.
However, we do disclose your personal information where it is necessary to obtain third party services, such as analytics, data storage, payment service providers or marketing and advertising services. To protect your personal information we endeavour to ensure that our third party service providers also comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, but some third parties we use such as Google, Facebook may collect and hold personal information overseas. You can opt out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out.
5. How can you access or delete your information?
If you want access to your information to correct or have it deleted please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except where we are permitted or required by law to withhold it, we will help you. If you consider that we have breached any privacy laws please also email us at email@example.com.