Registration and Reporting
State and Territory Requirements for Homeschool
How can I Homeschool in Australia?
- Where do I start?
- How do I register?
- Can I actually do this?
Homeschool is legal in every state/territory in Australia. In general, the requirements are:
- The parent who will provide the education:
- Submits an application to their state/territory Homeschool office
- Submits a plan outlining the education to be provided
- Children between the ages of 5.6-17 must be registered (this age varies slightly between states)
- In some states, there is a meeting between the parent and a representative of the registration body
- In most states/territories, there is a periodic review of your child’s progress and ongoing plans
- In some states you are required to report on your child's progress