QLD Science and Surf Camp a Success!Camps
Last week over 100 enthusiastic Simply Homeschoolers surfed off to our first ever QLD Science and Surf Camp for 4 fabulous days on the Gold Coast.
We were off to a flying start with a games festival and a family scavenger hunt - the winners hopping in with a frog photo and hopping out with a bulk pack of Freddo Frogs for their efforts!
A few highlights:
- Budding scientists delved into the depths of density.
- Teens lit up the night with glow-in-the-dark science, getting up close and personal with dissected glow sticks, highlighter body art and UV lights.
- Our creative spirits were inspired with stunning ephemeral art activities
- We headed off to the beach to discover the importance of the structural stability of the dunes, identify weeds and plant dune plants.
- Surfers conquered the waves with Get Wet Surf School.
- Lots of relationship building! That jumping pillow, the campground pools and the go-carts really got a workout!
What a week! Many campers are ready to sign up for our next camp at Wangat this September. Stay tuned for more information coming soon!